B vitamins are also known as B-complex. It’s a group of 8 different vitamins that work to convert food into fuel
(carbohydrates to glucose). This is what gives the body energy. These 8 different B vitamins include:1 2 4
- B1 (thiamine)
- B2 (riboflavin)
- B3 (niacin)
- B5 (pantothenic acid)
- B6 (pyridoxine)
- B7 (biotin)
- B9 (folate)
- B12 (cobalamin)
Each one of the B vitamins serves a different health function in the body. B vitamins can be found in both animal and plant dietary
sources. B-complex supplements are also available in capsule form to take daily.1 2 3
Many people suffer from B vitamins deficiencies, whereby they may not be receiving enough of any one or all of the 8 B vitamins. Medical professionals and
experts recommend different B vitamin dosages to different people for different purposes.
B Vitamins Health Uses and Health Benefits
B vitamins health benefits are important to proper functioning of the body. Each one has its own vitamin B health benefits that contribute to overall better wellbeing and energy levels.
Here are the vitamin B health benefits:1 2 3 4
A deficiency in any of the B vitamins can lead to certain health conditions, including an overall low level of energy. There are several B vitamin
uses for preventative health and treating conditions. Some of the best B vitamin uses for improved health include:
- Supports metabolic function
- Boosts immune system function
- Improves health of the liver, skin, hair and eyes
- Boosts energy levels
- Maintains nervous system function
- Increases brain function
- Protects against cardiovascular disease
- Reduces stress and stabilizes mood
- Baldness (Hair Loss) - B vitamins like biotin and niacin are important to the function of hair growth. Taking B vitamins for baldness can help to encourage hair growth.
- Syphilis - B vitamins boost immune system support, which can help to fight a syphilis infection.
- Vitiligo (Skin Depigmentation) - B vitamins help to regenerate skin, which can help improve vitiligo.
- Bell’s Palsy - Vitamin B health benefits include improved nerve and muscle function, which can help to relieve paralysis caused by Bell’s palsy.
- Dyslexia - B vitamin uses include being able to improve cognitive function, which can help lower signs of dyslexia.
B Vitamins Side Effects and Precautions
High doses can cause certain B vitamins side effects including gout, high blood pressure and skin problems.
Overdoses can cause B vitamins side effects like liver complications. Talk to a healthcare expert about the best vitamin B dosages for you.1