Scientific Name: Grifola frondosa
Properties: Anti-cancer, Anti-viral, Antiglycemic (Antidiabetic), Nutritive, Immune stimulant
What is Maitake Mushroom?
Maitake mushrooms command a high price on the fresh market as they’re in high demand, especially in Asian countries. On the North American market, maitake mushrooms are more commonly available in dried form in Asian supermarkets, health food stores or specialty markets. Maitake mushroom extracts are widely available.1,4
Maitake Mushroom Health Uses and Health Benefits
Maitake mushrooms contain a unique variety of phytonutrients that are produced by the fungi rather than being converted by sunlight through photosynthesis. These include the polysaccharides laminarin and lentinan. Maitake mushrooms are rich in copper, zinc, pantothenic acid, selenium, vitamins B2, B6, D, folate, manganese, niacin, chlorine and dietary fiber. 2
For centuries, Asian medicine has recognized maitake mushroom medicinal uses and health benefits. Maitake mushroom cancer-fighting properties are well documented. They act by increasing “natural cancer killer cells” or the type of immune cells that seek out and destroy dangerous cancer cells. This occurs by an ingredient in maitake mushrooms that supplies germanium which boosts oxygen in the body and fights free radical damage. 3
One of the most maitake mushroom benefits is that they contain beta glucans which are a polysaccharide fiber. Beta glucans help to activate and produce white blood cells known as macrophages that work to ingest and destroy tumor cells. These helper cells boost the immune system, help remove cellular waste and speed up recovery from tissue damage. 4
Maitake mushrooms are also proven to lessen side effects of anti-cancer drugs including nausea, vomiting and hair loss. 4
Maitake mushroom medicinal uses include treatment for cancers and immune system deficiencies such as:
- Stomach Cancer - Stomach cancer is generally the result of cancerous tumors forming in the stomach lining. Maitake mushroom cancer-fighting properties make them a natural remedy for treating stomach cancer.
- AIDS (HIV) - Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) is caused by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), which manifests as a weakened immune system unable to fight off most invasions and infections. Maitake mushroom benefits act as antiviral intervention and immune support making them effective for the natural treatment against the HIV virus and for treating AIDS symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer - Proven cancer-fighting ingredients in maitake mushrooms have shown effective in cancer treatment including the fight against bladder cancer. Maitake mushrooms can inhibit tumor formation, stop cell mutation and protect healthy cells.
- Bone Cancer - Bone cancer occurs when cells in the bone marrow become uncontrolled in production. Beta glucans found in maitake mushrooms work to build white blood cells and help in the fight against bone cancer.
- Cancer - Cancer is a general term for the many forms of illness where tumors are formed as the result of body cells unnaturally multiplying themselves and not dying off in natural replacement. Often, cancer is attributed to free radical damage. Maitake mushroom benefits include being a powerful antioxidant and a natural remedy in cancer treatment.
- Leukemia - Leukemia is a form of cancer that affects the body’s blood production, primarily the bone marrow and the lymphatic system. Natural phytonutrient ingredients found in maitake mushrooms effectively work to control cancer cells that cause leukemia.
Maitake Mushroom Side Effects and Precautions
Many markets offer mushroom products that are not genuine maitake mushrooms.c especially in extracts. If purchasing raw maitake mushrooms, look for organic produce and ensure to wash mushrooms well before consuming. 3
Like most mushrooms, maitake mushroom side effects include containing purines that can be linked to health issues in rare cases. Maitake mushroom side effects from consuming purines may be aggravation from increased uric acid production and may cause existing cases of kidney stones and gout to be more uncomfortable.
See comments on the community forum
Read what people are talking about this product click here
CuresDecoded worldwide community recommends Maitake Mushroom for: