Pasuchaca is a wild plant that is native to Peru. 1The pasuchaca plant has been described as a small plant that resembles oregano but with a brighter green color with white flowers.2 Pasuchaca is a perennial plant that grows as a bush up to 80 cm in height. The pasuchaca bushes grow along the hillsides and Andes mountains in Peru, in high altitudes of over 3,000 meters above sea level. 1
Traditionally, the pasuchaca herb has been used by Indian tribes of the Peruvian Andes as a natural remedy to help purify the body as well as for a variety of other uses.2 Pasuchaca is traditionally prepared as an infusion or decoction to be sipped on a daily basis. Pasuchaca has also been used as an essential oil in aromatherapy to treat respiratory conditions. 1
Pasuchaca Uses and Health Benefits
There are several pasuchaca benefits that make it an effective home remedy for a variety of conditions. Here are the top pasuchaca benefits for health:1,2,3
- Fights sinus infections and conditions that affect the air passages
- Helps soothe sore throats from a cough
- Supports urine and renal function
- Helps relieve stomach and abdominal pain
- Regulates menstrual cycles
- Acts as an antioxidant to help kill free radicals
- Suppresses blood glucose level in order to regulate blood sugars
- Natural antibacterial health benefits that help to kill microorganisms
- Combats chronic diarrhea
- Helps reduce throat and ulcer inflammation
These pasuchaca benefits make it an effective home remedy for a number of conditions. The top conditions that the pasuchaca herb can help treat are:
- Diabetes - The pasuchaca plant has natural health benefits that help to suppress blood sugar levels. Because of this pasuchaca is a diabetes cure as it can help to lower and regulate blood glucose levels. It can also be used as a diabetes prevention treatment.
- Vaginal Discharge - The pasuchaca plant is an effective treatment for vaginal discharge. Pasuchaca can help to treat gynecological problems caused by bacteria and microorganisms such as with vaginal discharge.
- Menstrual Problems - Pasuchaca can also be used to help with menstruation problems such as an irregular menstrual cycle. The pasuchaca herb has been used by women to help regulate their menstrual cycles and relieve other menstrual-related problems.
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding - Pasuchaca has natural health benefits that make it effective at treating several menstrual problems including heavy menstrual bleeding. Taking pasuchaca can help to reduce heavy menstrual bleeding and continue to regulate the menstrual cycle.
Pasuchaca Side Effects and Precautions
There are certain pasuchaca side effects to be aware before taking this natural remedy to treat any condition. Here are some potential pasuchaca side effects to be aware of:
- May cause an allergic reaction in some people with dietary sensitivities.
- May contain substances that are not safe to use for pregnant women.