Properties: Antioxidant, Immune system booster, Antiglycemic (Antidiabetic), Cholesterol-lowering
What is Pickle Juice?
Pickle juice is the juice that is used to preserve pickles. You would find pickle juice as the liquid that remains in a jar of pickles after the pickles are removed.
Pickling is a process that involves the fermentation of cucumbers using water and salt and more commonly today, vinegar. The process of pickling dates back to 2030 B.C. when nomadic people traveling between India and the Tigris Valley would preserve cucumbers as sustenance. 1
Pickles and their juice are widely available in grocery stores, but the process of fermenting cucumbers to make pickles can be done at home as well.
Pickle Juice Health Uses and Health Benefits
Pickle juice is essentially a combination of cucumber, salt and vinegar which combined offer important pickle juice benefits. It contains high levels of vitamins and minerals as well as antioxidants. 3
Some of the top pickle juice health benefits include:2,3
- Enhancing sports performance by preventing muscle cramps and improving hydration
- Reduces stomach pain and upset stomach caused by low gastric acid production
- Acts as a natural remedy for gastric problems such as acid reflux, heartburn and other digestive conditions
- Cures hangovers by providing increased hydration
- Contains possible antioxidant and probiotic health benefits to support gut health
- Provides high levels of vitamin K which is an important vitamin for bone and heart health
Here are some top pickle juice uses as natural remedies:
- Acid Reflux - Pickle juice is a natural remedy for acid reflux because of its natural health benefits for digestion.
- Diarrhea - Pickle juice provides a great source of hydration which can help cure diarrhea.
- Heartburn - Heartburn is caused by digestive problems that involve gastric acid production Pickle juice can help to balance out gastric acid and reduce the feelings of heartburn.
- Gallbladder Attack - Pickle juice can help to reduce symptoms of a gallbladder attack by balancing out gastric acid due to the vinegar content found in pickle juice.
- Constipation - With natural digestive health benefits, pickle juice can help to alleviate constipation and restore hydration to the body.
- Hiccups - Drinking pickle juice when hiccups occur can help to get rid of them. The salt and vinegar content in pickle juice can help support and ease the diaphragm spasms causing hiccups.
Pickle Juice Side Effects and Precautions
If taking pickle juice for any health condition, there are some pickle juice side effects to consider. The following are some precautions regarding pickle juice side effects:2
- Pickle juice has a high sodium content which can cause fluid retention and bloating. Those with high blood pressure should be cautious about the high sodium content of pickle juice.
- People with a history of gout should avoid drinking too much pickle juice as it is acidic.
- Too much pickle juice may cause further cramping and so it should be drank in moderation.
- Too much pickle juice can also worsen symptoms of gas, diarrhea and stomach pain.
Though pickle juice is generally safe, avoid consuming too much of it at once.
See comments on the community forum
Read what people are talking about this product click here
CuresDecoded worldwide community recommends Pickle Juice for: