Properties: Antibacterial, Anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Stimulant
What is Eucalyptus Oil?
Eucalyptus oil is the essential oil extract that comes from the leaves of the eucalyptus tree (Eucalyptus radiata). The eucalyptus
tree, also known as the Tasmanian Blue Gum, is native to Australia.1 There are over 700 different species of eucalyptus trees and 500 of them produce essential
oils.2 Eucalyptus oil is a colorless liquid that has a distinct woody aroma.2 Eucalyptus oil uses have been traditionally coveted by Australian Aborigines.1
The Aborigines used eucalyptus oils and infusions as a remedy for body aches and pains, fevers and sinus congestion.2
Eucalyptus Oil Health Uses and Health Benefits
Eucalyptus oil benefits are well known and many scientific studies have proven it to be useful as a natural treatment. Eucalyptus
oil is a natural expectorant and also contains antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties. Eucalyptus oil contains an organic compound called cineole.
Cineole has been researched for its many health benefits including reducing inflammation and alleviating pain.1
Here are some of the natural eucalyptus oil benefits:1 2
- Fights cold and flu
- Nourishes hair by getting rid of dandruff and itchy scalp
- Alleviates sinus congestion and allergy symptoms
- Removes body odor
- Improves breathing and respiratory conditions
- Heals wounds
- Fights infection
- Boosts immune system
- Improves energy levels
- Alleviates body pain and headaches
- Improves arthritis by alleviating joint pain
Eucalyptus oil uses include being a natural treatment for the following conditions:
- Congestion (Nasal Congestion) - As an expectorant, eucalyptus oil can help to relieve nasal congestion and improve breathing.
- Staph Infection - Eucalyptus oil uses include being able to fight staph infections because of its natural antibacterial treatment. Eucalyptus oil can help fight off the staphylococcus bacteria.
- Back Pain (Backache) - Eucalyptus oil has natural pain relieving benefits that can help ease tense muscles that cause back pain.
- Snoring - Eucalyptus oil can help stop snoring by reducing inflammation in the nasal passages.
- Emphysema - Eucalyptus oil is a natural remedy for treating respiratory conditions. Breathing in eucalyptus essential oil can help improve breathing in people with emphysema.
Eucalyptus Oil Side Effects and Precautions
Eucalyptus side effects can result if taken internally. Never take eucalyptus oil or other essential oils internally. Other eucalyptus side effects can include skin and eye irritation or causing an allergic reaction in certain people. Eucalyptus oil should not be used topically by pregnant or breastfeeding women, or on babies or children.3
See comments on the community forum
Read what people are talking about this product click here
according to CuresDecoded worldwide community Eucalyptus Oil Recommended For